Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crochet Addiction

Beware! I'm going over to the dark side! (JOKING! I love both knitting and crochet! Crochet is, in fact, my first love.)

<3 Crochet

I am fascinated by crochet the last few days. The structure of stitches and how they come together. I just sent off 3 design submissions to a yarn company, all are plays on straight forward rectangular crochet, none are quite what is expected! I thoroughly enjoyed the design process.

Playing with increases and decreases is one of my favorite things to do in knitting; it turns out I enjoy it in crochet, too. I like staggered stitches and transitions that you don't quite expect. One of my crochet victories lately is creating a stitch pattern blend. The stitch pattern starts off based on single crochet, and then I created a transition into a double crochet version-in one row. The swatch looks amazing! Unfortunately I can't show you that, either, so... I'll leave you with this:




Lia is a LOVELY wrap for this time of year! It drapes so beautifully and is very comfortable and secure on the shoulders. Mom (Carolyn Christmas-the designer/owner of Gourmet Crochet) just gave me the original a few days ago, and I'm looking for every chance to wear it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!