Friday, October 19, 2012

Who wants a design KAL?

We do! We do!
Suzanne's first swatch of the snowflake stitch pattern. Isn't it gorgeous?

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

  • Use the "Snowflake Lace" motif in any NEW design
  • Finish stitching the design by the end of the year (2012 that is!)
  • Take beautiful photos, far away and very close up to show the stitching (email to me by Jan 15)
  • Suzanne and I plan to critique the other's item on this blog, and I'd be happy to give any hints I can on anyone else's (Publicly or privately)
I hope someone besides us decides to KAL and keep us posted in comments! I love to see other's design work.

My goal with this is to get both Suzanne and I to finish a lovely shawl design by the end of the year, Suzanne will be wrapping up her "12 in 2012" with the Snowflake Project.

Snowflake Stitch Pattern:

Multiple of 8+7

1st and every other row: Purl.
2: K5, skp, yo, k1, yo, k2tog, *k3, skp, yo, k1, yo, k2tog; rep from * to last 5 sts, k5.
4: K6, yo, s2kp, yo, k5, yo, s2kp, yo, rep from * to last 6 sts, k6.
6: As for Row 2.
8: K1, skp, yo, k1, yo, k2tog *k3, skp, yo, k1, yo, k2tog; rep from * across to last st, k1.
10: K2, yo, sk2p, yo, *k5, yo, s2kp, yo; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
12: As for Row 8.

Skp: Slip 1, knit 1, psso
S2kp: Slip 2 as to knit, knit 1, pass two slipped sts over.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to play along ... hmmm... the snowflake pattern has my creative juices flowing.

    Thanks for the DAL/KAL ... I think it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!