Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Jewelbox" Knitting Needles


Etsy Listing

This is a project long in the making. I'm not sure where the original inspiration came from, but I made my first set maybe 6 years ago. My mother bought them, and still has them with her knitting needles. I love the feel of fibers, and look of the fancy novelty stuff, so this to me is a natural extension-fiber topped knitting needles. 


A view from above


They are made with various novelty fiber types, including ribbons, eyelashes, tapes, tubes, and more. A generous dose of metallics and black are added into the lovely jewel tones, et voila! Gorgeous is made!

Lovely Points!

The needles themselves are quite lovely, with a pointy but not-too-pointy tip, good for general knitting without splitting yarns.

I've been careful to use all acid free, archival adhesives, so there is no worry about them not aging gracefully-they will, for sure.

I'm off to go knit with my set of super fancy super gorgeous new needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!