Monday, July 23, 2012

Lace Knitting


I am working on the Craftsy.com class on Knitting Lace Shawls, by Mirriam Felton. It is a lovely class so far! My favorite has been the second lesson, an actual system for "lace math" that takes into account the biasing and defines it. Check it out!

My Frost Thread top is going great. I've been spending more time on Ravelry.com than knitting, getting support in the forums. Lots of lovely ladies there! The Frost Thread shoulders/armholes are great, I can definitely see this technique making it into my standard knitting, depending on how it fits. I'm spending my time knitting to figure out how to "work" the design. So far so good, though I can't articulate it!

I'm thinking about designing stitch patterns, or one at least, for the shawl I make for the class. I'll def post in progress photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!