Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Crochet Cast On

I've recently been crocheting quite a lot, and am finding that my skills are growing into refinement. I'm the newest convert to foundation rows that there is! I've been using the single crochet foundation row for lacy projects, and the double crochet foundation row is great for most other things. The single crochet foundation row is just slightly stretchy, springy really, perfect for firm edges. I used it this morning for the bottom edge of a legwarmer and it turned out great! My mom, who owns Gourmet Crochet, also believes in foundation rows, she is where I first heard of them. But, being stubborn I wasn't a fan, but now I am!

Crochet Cast On:

I have another method that I enjoy to start projects, though. I use the knitting long tail cast on, onto the hook size indicated. This really only works for smallish numbers of stitches. Then, I work off by doing yo, pull through 1 lp on hook, *yo, pull through two lps on hook; rep from * across. This gives a good row to stitch into, as well. Incidentally, it is good for Tunisian crochet as well-as it is borrowing that technique for one row.



Well, my doggie Lily says hello in the form of barking wildly at just this moment! I better go see what she is upset about.

What are you working on? Links are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!