Thursday, May 23, 2013

Harper Knit Skirt and Top for Cooperative Press Knit Edge Mag


I absolutely loved designing and making this set. I started with the skirt, from the bottom up. There is a kick slit with a decorative garter stitch border, then on with stockinette for the body of the skirt. It ended up the perfect length-which is great because you can try on as you go to get it to the length great for your body!

Next came the peplum, which took a lot of math and figuring to get it to come out to exactly the number of stitches needed for the cable ribbed waist shaping. Short rows shape the fashionable peplum, and then it nips in at the waist.

The cables for the waist were a stroke of genius! I love it. On to the bodice, and more short rowing for bust shaping, then armholes, front keyhole, and neck band. LOVE IT.

Model Katy Clark, Copyright Whitney Christmas 2013
Stunning!

I loved creating this design, because it was very complicated to get it as close to perfect as possible, yet will be a straight forward knit for anyone who chooses to make it. I really love the look and think it is one of my best designs to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!