Thursday, May 16, 2013

Creativity Series: Little Projects

Heart Quiltie, approx 12" sq, cotton with
hand embroidery and hand quilting
This is what I've been doing lately, little quilties, with simplistic imagery, hand embroidery, and hand quilting. I am loving the process. Each one is getting better and better! The Heart Quiltie is the second, and I am on the third now-a house with tree. Home Sweet Home. Its pretty awesome too!

Little projects are great, not too much commitment of time or materials, great to get the creative flow going even if you have little energy to work. These projects are making me sooo happy, finally I'm making the art I want to make-cute, but gritty at the same time.

I highly recommend working in a new media on a small project if you find your creative juices are slowing down, I didn't do much for almost a month, but now I'm back into "making" hard core :) It does make me happy! Mornings are still best to work, for me, as nights can get pretty rough, but you can get a lot accomplished in 6 hours of morning!

What is your favorite "Little Project" you've done? Was it in your usual media/style of working, or something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!