Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ideas Come From Play


My mom said this to me this morning, and I've been thinking about it while sitting here and knitting, play knitting. I often don't realize how things can come together in an abstract manner until I play. I have a migraine and tunnel vision today, but I'm playing with my knitting and that is making me very happy. I don't know why I have such a hard time with doing things without the goal of sales, or of recording how I do them so someone else can do it. It hinders creativity at times.

What I am doing now is a knit necklace. I'm using fingering weight wool, bare and blue. It fades into blue the further I get into the skein, a fun dye job. I am thinking this will be a lariat of some kind, so I can get into the blue but I will probably overdye it with some crystal light, too. No idea. I started off with 4 sts, and am using a 2 st garter edging on the whole thing. I did some mini cable twists first, and now am on my second leaf. Not sure what is coming next but there will definitely be photos forthcoming.

Speaking of photos, here are a couple from my last shoot of Cassie. I had great fun with her makeup. Bless her heart for being patient during all of that! It took forever but turned out really lovely, I think. The shoot itself was great, I feel like we got some nice photos out of it. I need to get some more backgrounds going and iron the ones I'm using, but things are going well with my photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!