Friday, February 24, 2012

The Creative Process Series

I want to write to explore the creative process, both mine and the creative process in general. My brainstorming post started the series. I generally begin with the feeling of needing to create, or a certain unrest. This can come in the middle of another project (unfortunately) or between projects. I get bored with projects easily, at times. Other times, I can spend a month on a single project. For example, I spent 6 weeks working on my "permanent bracelet" that I have been wearing for nearly a year. I sewed it on March 14, 2011. It is showing no wear, as of yet.


I nearly always have multiple projects going. Right now I am working on knitting two shawls, and have two shawls ready to be presented. I am currently working on Wingspan and Arabella. Wingspan is being knitted with Knit Picks Felici in Moonlit, and Arabella is in hand-dyed Knit Picks merino silk bare. It is a beautiful, beautiful tonal red. I have a lovely lot of dyes now, I'm so excited. Lots of bare yarn and lots of dye; now I just need to knit faster!

What motivates you to create art?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!