Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Brainstorming



I find brainstorming to be very useful in my art process most of the time. All of the time, dare I say. I love the exhilaration of getting the ideas flowing as I'm sure many artists do. If you are not familiar with brainstorming, it is basically picking a topic (ie. What to crochet?) and then coming up with as many ideas as possible. Some people set time limits, some people look for a magic number of ideas; the goal with those is to make you push for ideas after the most apparent ones. Here is where it gets tricky. The ideas need to be written down as they come, without editing. There is time for editing later. Nothing is a "bad" idea at this stage! It’s very freeing.

Brainstorming can be used for creative as well as non-creative uses, in fact, I brainstormed this post before writing! It is a creative task, and now the writing falls into place easily. Non-creatively, you might use brainstorming to solve a problem, financial or otherwise.



What did you last brainstorm about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!