Saturday, January 21, 2012

So Exciting

I'm just so excited to finally be learning how to free motion quilt. I feel good doing it and its happy work. My back hurts a bit but that's to be expected, I'm taking frequent breaks. I may need to raise my chair up and use the desk chair if it would help. I am hesitant to change the chair because I don't want it to be wrong for my computer! I do things pretty ergonomically wrong.

I loved using the long arm machine this summer, and doing it on a short arm sewing machine (especially mom's bernina!) is a joy as well. I need to plan how I'm going to quilt Momma's quilt, too. I'm working on  my quilt now. I am quilting it a bit "tightly" but I figure better too much quilting than too little. First I did the main lines stitch-in-the-ditch with the walking foot. Next was the square of blocks bordering the center, then now I'm on one of the outer lines of blocks. I suppose quilting in a less obvious thread would be a good thing but its all good! I'm using dark brown. Its cheap thread and breaking every so often but its going well. I broke many needles this morning but that phase seems to be leaving. I'll post a quilt and close ups when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!