Thursday, July 4, 2013

Creativity Series: When you just want instructions...

I am wanting to make a purse today, something simple, no printing required, rotary cut and then embellish, sew outer and lining, and put it together voila!

No dice on a pattern.

I guess I'll design one, but it got me thinking... why can I rarely find patterns I like? I think that's one of the big reasons I design. Too bad pattern writing is sometimes a bore, or I'd make patterns for everything I make. I'll probably do a tutorial on my wild and wacky purse today, though. We shall see how it turns out! I'm thinking to just alter my basic square bottom tote into a purse shape, and done. Now I have to decide on size! And imagery for applique! And so many more options are open but I really, truly, just wanted to follow a pattern and be happy with the result. Such is life, as an artist. Sometimes I wish I had another artist me to pick things out of my brain and write patterns for me to follow. But, it doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Maybe my requirements aren't so simple after all...

I'm thinking soon will be an artist/crafter art vs craft postie, I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I think I'm an artful crafter. Or maybe a crafty artist. Who knows. And why does it have to have a name anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!