Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pi? Pi? Pi?

Pi is nearly done, it really got going this last week and I decided that I will finish it before the end of the month for sure. Then all hell breaks loose on it. The edging isn't turning out how I think it should. I have tinked, frogged and tested all sorts on it. The pattern suggests the row before the bind off to do K1, YO the whole row then bind off purlwise with a bigger needle. I had never done this and was a bit skeptical about it. I usually do a knitted bind off on shawls like THIS one where you either in knit or purl you k2 then knit those two through the back and repeat. I think this gives a very nice edge that is also stretchy enough to block out the points nicely. After doing K1, YO the whole row (and the shawl now has 1152 stitches) I tested a few things and none looked all that nice. I have removed that row and will try doing it the way I would normally do it. My idea is knit this last row, purl one row and then do a knitted bind off (avoiding purling the bind off). Then the fun begins....blocking!

What do you do when a project doesn't work out as you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!